[Tweeters] YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER @ Longview

Russ Koppendrayer russkope at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 13:10:31 PST 2015

Hi Tweeters,

I just spent about 5 minutes enjoying a YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER at Lake
Sacajawea Park in Longview. The bird was originally found by John and
Margaret Green this morning (12/13/15) in the park near the intersection of
Nichols Blvd & 18th Ave. They called and I went to try to relocate the bird
and did so nearly directly across the lake in front of Kessler Elementary
School. For me the bird was alone high in a couple deciduous trees and very
active and vocal. To persistent loud pishing it came about a third of the
way down and gave a number of great looks. It eventually flew toward the
lake and may have gone back across to its original location as there was no
more chips to be heard. I understood the Greens to have seen it lower and
with kinglets and creepers.

I'll get details of the bird on eBird soon. Hopefully it'll hang around for
others to enjoy.

Russ Koppendrayer
Longview, WA