[Tweeters] New Bird call?? / Pileated, Creepers, etc. / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Mon Dec 14 14:08:29 PST 2015

Hi Tweeters,

Had a bird call I'd not heard, but just listened to the Varied Thrush. I had only heard it "chirp" before but this was a sound like someone not good at whistling! When I listened to it on the Cornell site, that was it!!

Also had a Pileated and the Creepers at the same time. One creeper flew over near the pileated and scared the pileated off! "Off my tree!!". Still can't identify the "tsiit" of the creeper.
Saw one Golden Crowned Sparrow today along with the large group of siskins, juncos, and robins, among others.

Of course I also saw a neighbors cat (new in the hood) patrolling, so hoping my Towhees other ground feeders will be alert enough to get outta Dodge.

Caryn / Wedgwood (Birding while Baking - safer than Birding while Texting!!)