[Tweeters] #226 Thanks to Ryan Merrill

Bob rflores_2 at msn.com
Wed Dec 16 15:28:39 PST 2015

Ryan and several others were along Post Office Lake when he said listen common redpoll! We all froze and sure enough the bird flew overhead calling out it's flight call. I was just shocked beyond belief for Ryan and I had been discussing my County Big Year potentials and he had said my next big chance would be a redpoll. This conversation was about 20 mins before the redpoll flew over us.

Yes I bowed to Ryan and this is at the top of the list for a story during my big year.

Also seen a northern shrike in the trees along the dike west of the parkinglot at Post Office Lake. A peregrine and red-shouldered hawk were also seen.

Bob

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA