[Tweeters] Eurasian/American Kestral nesting behavior

Pamela Myers pamelapiwo6813 at aol.com
Wed Dec 16 18:03:44 PST 2015

While in Austria and Romania this summer, I visited several families who had active nest boxes for Eurasian Kestrels attached to their homes or on trees in their yards. I was very surprised by this and wonder if our American Kestrels would nest in a box attached to a house. I've never seen this, and please don't tell me to try it. I'm just wondering if this occurs with our Kestrels and if not, why not.

Pam Myers