birdmarymoor at gmail.com birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 13:19:14 PST 2015

Tweets – It was just nasty out there this morning. Moderately hard rain wouldn’t have been too bad, but throw in gusty winds and it became a dark, cold, wet, uncomfortable morning. My fingers are still cold.

Highlights:

Northern Pintail Flyby of a flock. Pintail aren’t common at Marymoor
Green-winged Teal Three at Rowing Club. Only fifth sighting this fall
Greater Scaup 1 female in the slough. Only 3rd sighting this fall
Common Goldeneye 1 in slough. Only 3rd sighting this fall
Green Heron Juvenile at Rowing Club pond again
NORTHERN HARRIER One flew over Pea Patch. 2nd sighting this fall

We also had a RIVER OTTER in the slough just above the weir.

Getting 9 species of duck helped the count for the day, so amazingly, we ended with 44 species, only 1 less than last week. But our species count belies the low number of birds, as 18 species were represented by single birds, and another 12 species had fewer than 4 birds noted. So those 30 species comprised only about 50 birds.

We’ll be back on the 24th hoping for better weather.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com