[Tweeters] Longview rarities

AnnMarie Wood amw.5737 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 19:26:14 PST 2015

Hi Tweeters:

Thanks to all the local birders for posting regular updates and
great directions to the Yellow-throated Warbler continuing to provide great
views in and around Sacajawea Park in Longview.

When Penny, Lisa, and I arrived about 9am we found several other Seattle
birders already combing the neighborhood. We teamed up, spread
out, and after hour of searching, Tina found a group of birders on the
Yellow-throated Warbler. It was working the big trees with 2-3 Creepers at
the south end of the park near the intersection of 15th and Kessler Bl.

The Northern Mockingbird was even more accommodating. As predicted, we
found him almost immediately in front of 520 15th Av. This is a very birdy
street with a number of feeders.

We were unable to relocate the WW Scoter but did spot pair of Canvasbacks
with a group of Scaup along Willow Grove Rd.

Great day!

Ann Marie Wood
Mountlake Terrace