Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu Dec 24 16:59:59 PST 2015

Tweets – oh what difference the weather makes. Today was really quite pleasant out, for while still gray, there was little wind, no rain, some warmth, no fog. And there were birds! (Though only seven birders)

Highlights:

Nine species of duck Including 1 N. Shoveler, several Am. Wigeon
Pied-billed Grebe Maybe 40 on the lake, most in a tight clump!
Green Heron Juvenile at Rowing Club pond again
Virginia Rail One heard east of East Meadow, near Wilson’s Snipes
HERRING GULL First time I’ve ID’d one in flight
Barn Owl Sharon had sightings at 6:45 and maybe 7:15
Pileated Woodpecker Two around mansion and heading towards lake
Northern Shrike Juvenile again north of fields 7-8-9
HUTTON’S VIREO One or maybe two east of the ponds at Rowing Club
Cedar Waxwing Only our 9th-ever Dec. sighting, 1 bird SE of East Meadow
Lincoln’s Sparrow 1st bird I saw, before sunrise, Viewing Mound
Western Meadowlark 1-2 birds, waaay over at model airplane field
Purple Finch 1 near Dog Area portapotties

We also had a close look at a healthy-looking COYOTE near the concert stage just after 8.

For the day, 56 species. We’ll close out 2015 starting at 8:00 a.m New Years Eve

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com