[Tweeters] Republic Pine Grosbeak bonanza (Ferry Co)

Stefan Schlick greenfant at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 26 20:11:50 PST 2015

I worked the town of Republic for several hours today. PINE GROSBEAKS were in several places in town: The apple tree at Hesse & Leo Gaffney (7), a fruiting tree near Keller & Delaware (13) and at the pullout at the town sign coming in on US20 from the west (22). Some of those may have been the same birds. The birds at Keller & Delaware were super tame allowing for excellent photo ops. Also in town were 3 BOHEMIAN WAXWINGS, several Wild Turkeys and many Red Crossbills. I could not pick out a White-winged.
Along 20 between Tonasket and Republic (back in Okanogan Co) I found 2 Northern Pygmy-Owls and 35 COMMON REDPOLLS (MP281.5 in the catkins).
Stefan SchlickHillsboro, OR