[Tweeters] Heavy Fog on The Waterville Plateau, Northern Saw Whet Owl at Bridgeport SP and NO GROUSE

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 26 22:18:42 PST 2015

We spent Christmas Day in Leavenworth.  Yes the lights are pretty but I will never repeat...ask me sometime.  But the location allowed for an early arrival on the Waterville Plateau which was engulfed in thick fog...often with near zero visibility.  Lots of Horned Larks and a scattering of Snow Buntings.  A single Short Eared Owl and little else.  At Bridgeport State Park we had wonderful views of a Northern Saw Whet Owl (thank you Meredith Spencer for directions) and then failed (yet again) to find any Sharp Tailed Grouse first at Bridgeport Hill Road and later at Happy Hill Road.  We met other birders who had the same experience.  Tomorrow is another day.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android