[Tweeters] No Yellow-Throated in Longview Monday AM

Charles Desilets csdesilets at comcast.net
Tue Dec 29 08:35:18 PST 2015

I arrived at the YTWA site in Longview at 8:30 AM Monday morning and quickly
found a mixed flock of Kinglets, Bushtits, a Creeper, and Chickadees in
heavy overcast at the south end of the park. Alas, no warblers were
observed. I then walked around the south end of the lake to 20th back to
the hospital area where I met up with Al and Merlin who had just arrived.
We found a/the mixed flock again which included 6-7 Creepers, but again no
warblers. We waited until a crew came to the area to remove and chip many
tree trunks and branches, effectively driving away any birds. A walk down
15th Ave and return up 16th did not reveal any warblers or the NOMO in the
500 block of 15th. I left at 11:30.

Charles Desilets

Mukilteo