[Tweeters] Raptors and Owls at Skagit
rohankamath88 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 06:43:51 PST 2015
Wish you all a vary Happy New Year!!! May 2015 bring loads of lifers and
rarities in your lives.
Happy Birding!!! :) :)
We spent a few hours around Skagit yesterday and were literally swimming in
1) Bald Eagles - Easily 50+. I stopped counting somewhere around that
number. There was one tree and dike on Samish Island which had more than 30
individuals right there.
2) Red-Tailed Hawk - 15+(Including i5 near the county)
3.a) Rough-Legged Hawk - 20+(Mostly Samish Island)
3.b) A very dark unidentified hawk - (I have decent photos but not sure
what it is ultra-dark rough-legged maybe?? Seen on i5 at exit 221)
4) Kestrels - 7
5) Merlin - 2. One very cooperative individual right by the road sunning
himself before a slightly larger(female??) decided to come chase him off
with her and they both retreat onto a water tower.
6) Peregrine Falcon - 1 large female on Thomle road
7) Northern Harrier - 11
8) Coopers Hawk - 1 seen at Skagit Wildlife Area
9) Short Eared Owl - 2 seen on Thomle Road and about 7 seen on Eide Road.
There might have been more but it was hard to keep track and count of them
flying all over the place.
10) Long Eared Owl - 1 cooperative individual by the parking lot on Eide
road that everyone has probably already seen and photographed. First time
I'm seeing the bird out in the open like this.
Software Development Engineer
Amazon.com, Seattle, WA.
Conservation begins at HOME... We CAN make a difference...
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tweeters