[Tweeters] Siskinvasion

Timothy Gerla tim at gerla.net
Fri Jan 2 11:59:22 PST 2015

Hi Josh,

Sorry about the break-in! We have had armies of siskins at our feeders for
the last month and a half or so--ferocious eaters, and aggressive--they
keep the juncos at bay. The chickadees and a Bewick's wren manage to get in
from time to time, though. I don't know if the number of siskins is normal
for this area--Wedgwood, Seattle. We've only been here since July.

Some pictures:

http://tgerla.smugmug.com/Other/Backyard-Birding/n-CMLbR/

So far we've id'd about 25 different species in the yard, including varied
thrushes, cedar waxwings, various nuthatches and grosbeaks, spotted
towhees, a Townsend's warbler, and an unidentified hawk, probably
sharp-shinned. Definitely looking forward to spring!

-Tim