[Tweeters] Lincoln County

Terry Little terry at crossoverchurch.info
Fri Jan 2 19:18:46 PST 2015

Hello,

I spent today birding Lincoln County. Here are some of fun birds I was able
to find:

Mill Canyon: N Pygmy Owl, Canvasback, Greater Scaup

Seven Bays: 8 PINE GROSBEAKS with 2 Cassin's Finches with them. 17 Barrow's
Goldeneyes, 1 Ruby crowned Kinglet, Herring Gull

Hawk Creek Cyn: Virginia Rail (2 - they overwinter at the same little marsh
every year along with Marsh Wren), Pacific Wren, Steller's Jay, Northern
Shrike, N Pygmy Owl

Davenport: 60 Bohemian Waxwings )2 Cedars) near the "Lincoln County Museum"
just a block or two behind the Subway on Hwy 2. Waxwings and other berry
eaters regularly hang out in the winter in this area. Often Varied Thrushes
are here, but not today.

Swanson Lakes Wildlife Area: ADULT MALE SNOWY OWL - reported by Kim
Thornburn last week. This bird was seen on Schuster Rd, about .6 mi west of
Swanson Lk Rd, south side of road on a short pole at an old broken down
corral. It flew and landed on a rock about a quarter of mile out. Beautiful
bird!

Detour Rd: Short eared Owl.

64 species and a fun day.