[Tweeters] Port Angeles harbor, 1/7/15

Boekelheide bboek at olympus.net
Thu Jan 8 09:00:44 PST 2015

Hello, Tweeters,

I checked for the Thick-billed Murre in P.A. harbor yesterday early afternoon (1/7/15), but couldn’t find it. There were several lovely Common Murres in the harbor, but no Thick-billed that I could see.

The two Snow Buntings are still at Ediz Hook, in the same area along the logs and grass east of the big radio antenna.

While scanning murres in the harbor, I was surprised to see a Barn Swallow flying from the west across the harbor, eventually disappearing behind the salmon pens going east. Unfortunately it is one day late to be included in count week for the PACBC. Another straggler Barn Swallow here in winter that somehow missed the turn to South America...

Bob Boekelheide
Dungeness