[Tweeters] a few Skagit birds

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 18:11:54 PST 2015

Dear Tweeters,
It was pretty good birding here and there in Skagit County today, 11 January 2015.
Here are a few highlights.
Canvasbacks, 4 at Bay View State Park, spotted by Kraig Kemper.
Ancient Murrelet, at least 46 off Samish Island Public Beach.
Mourning Dove, at least 125 of them in some trees along SR 20, just east of Helmick Road. This concentration has been present for a month or two now. I think it's the largest flock of MODO's I have seen in Skagit County.
Northern Shrike, one at the West Ninety.
Audubon's Warbler, one at the Game Range.
Lincoln's Sparrow, one that keeps popping  up at the barn just north of the West Ninety.
Yours truly,
Gary Bletsch