[Tweeters] Shorebird in Selah Washington?

ROBERT L BOGGS raglmuf at msn.com
Sun Jan 11 19:50:57 PST 2015

Here is a non birder trying to ID a shorebird in an empty drainage canal (except for a few spots of solid ice) in east Selah. It surprised me as I surprised it, and I did not get enough field marks to make any identification (which I am really bad at anyway). I did see it's bill, and saw it fly and move in and out of the tall grasses near the bottom of the ditch. Solitary...saw no other birds around. Couldn't pick a bird out of my field guide that I trusted to be THE bird... Any ideas?
Jean