[Tweeters] One Siskin Saved in Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Tue Jan 13 19:47:04 PST 2015

Hi Tweeters -

We had a Pine Siskin hit a window and then come around and run into the French doors and land on the deck. I picked her up and held her. She was a little dazed. One foot looked like it might be paralyzed but as I held her lightly in my palm I could feel her regaining strength.

She was very calm - I was not holding her tightly. She seemed quite content - letting me pet her head. I held her in the warming son and soon, I could feel her body revving up and could even hear a little sound. I "pished" quietly and she seemed to respond. Pretty soon as I held her near a branch, she hopped off and disappeared.

There's something magical about holding a bird in your hand. (Funny, I have been to Bird in Hand, PA a few times!) I hope I wasn't wrong to do this.

Caryn / Wedgwood