[Tweeters] Westport Pelagic Trip, Feb. 8, 2015
blabar at harbornet.com
Tue Jan 13 21:18:26 PST 2015
Our first pelagic trip of the season has been changed from Saturday, Feb.7 to Sunday, Feb. 8. There are still spaces available.
As many of you know, the trips out in January or February are very dependent on the weather conditions. Several trips have had to be canceled through out the years but when we get out, we have had some amazing sightings. Here are some examples that I gleaned from the records.
1. Jan. 16, 94, three Laysan Albatross
2. Feb. 2, 97, thirteen Laysan Albatross, four MOTTLED PETRELS, three Parakeet Auklets
3. Jan. 22, 2000, six Laysan Albatross and one SHY ALBATROSS( Thalassarche cauta cauta)
4. Jan. 27, 2001, one Laysan Albatross and one SHORT-TAILED ALBATROSS
5. Feb. 19, 2005, two Manx Shearwaters
6. Feb. 2, 2013, one Laysan Albatross
7. Jan. 25, 2014, one Thick-billed Murre
So, if this is enticing, for your life, state, county or year lists, come out and join us (again weather permitting). All information and reservations can be done by visiting www.westportseabirds.com
Leaders for this trip will be Bill Shelmerdine, Gene Revelas and myself. Phil and Chris Anderson will also be spotters and boat personal.
More information about the Tweeters