[Tweeters] Ravens in Discovery Park

David Hutchinson florafaunabooks at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 13:14:31 PST 2015

Rachel, Metro Hill is the long hill which runs down to the treatment plant in Discovery. Hence the ravens have been "meeting" above the north side of the crosswalk there. I believe that Ravens have bred in West Seattle, probably in the green belt. The funny thing is that in San Francisco in my experience, urban Ravens used to be a lot more common than American Crows. On my last visit in October, it appeared that crows were becoming more common than in the past. One still sees Ravens there in the East Bay watershed.