[Tweeters] Edmonds Marsh Hybrid Wigeon

Carol Riddell cariddellwa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 09:27:07 PST 2015

Hi Tweets,

There are high winds and high water at the Edmonds marsh this morning but it was sheltering high numbers of waterfowl. There were only about 20 Green-winged Teals and no Eurasian subspecies among them this morning. There was what I at first thought was a Eurasian Wigeon among the Americans. My photos show green patches on the sides of the head so it is a hybrid wigeon. There was no second rufous-headed wigeon in the flock so we can't add Eurasian to the year count yet. Photos in this ebird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S21396680 .

Carol Riddell
Edmonds, Wa