[Tweeters] Night Tides

Jeff Gibson gibsondesign at msn.com
Sun Jan 18 20:10:28 PST 2015

Yes folks, this is that funny time of year when low tides are at night.
That thought just came to me, so I checked the tide charts - minus 2 tides (at Port Townsend) for the next several days at least. Tonites is around 820, so grabbing the only half-ass flashlight I have, and holding it onto my close-focusing binoculars, I did a little sight test outside and decided I need a better light, and am too lazy to go get one right now. Too bad - it's dead calm and warm here this evening.
Tidepooling at night is a cool deal, because many of our little (and maybe large) intertidal friends are more active at night, and interesting creatures are to be found frolicking around, even this time of year. So if you're into that sort of thing, you might wanna try it out. I suppose the birding isn't so great, but maybe you could hear a Sea Owl or something like that.
Tomorrow is another day- I gotta get a better light! Check your charts.
Jeff Gibsonnightcrawler inPort Townsend Wa