[Tweeters] Camano Long-eared Owl continues

pan panmail at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 18 21:29:30 PST 2015

Hi, all,

Mom and I saw one Long-eared Owl at Eide Rd. near dusk, when it emerged
from roost and hunted in the open on both sides of the shrubby dike,
sometimes harassed by Short-eared Owls or Northern Harriers. No one
present had seen a Long-eared today till then.

Nothing else unusual, though lots of birds from Larrabee St. Pk. south
to Eide, of course. We did have one Eurasian Wigeon, and near the north
end of Farm-to-market Road, 30+ Black-bellied Plovers.

18 Jan., 2015,

Alan Grenon
Seattle
--