[Tweeters] More Barn Swallows

stan Kostka lynn Schmidt lynnandstan at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 20 18:03:19 PST 2015

This morning at 9 AM I observed eight Barn Swallows on the edge of the river delta in Marysville, same location where I saw one bird on January 14. The birds were perching on a light fixture and a ledge above an overhead door , in the morning sun, on the side of a metal building in a light industrial area. They were taking short flights around the immediate area and returning to their perch, at one point they mobbed a passing Coopers Hawk. My impression is they were all second year birds, based on plumage. By 10 oclock they were gone and I never saw them again. I was there until 4 PM.

Stan Kostka
lynnandstan at earthlink.net
Arlington