[Tweeters] OCWA in Olympia

Jennifer DeSelle jendeselle at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 16:34:54 PST 2015

This morning while walking around Capitol Lake I got a special  treat--  I got to observe 2 orange-crowned warblers foraging in the low brush!  I spotted the pair near the Marathon Park parking lot.  They first caught my eye when they were in bushes near the railroad tracks.  After hawking some bugs they flew over into the brush right alongside the lake and trail.  One of the individuals was very cooperative and I was able to watch it from a few feet away while it gleaned insects from among the dead leaves stuck in the bushes.  Of course I didn't have my camera!  At any rate it was fun to be able to so closely observe these beautiful little birds-- they may be considered "drab", but I thin they're lovely.
---Jen