[Tweeters] Port Townsend Ancient Murrelets

pan panmail at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 25 21:39:00 PST 2015

Hi, all,

Early this afternoon, my mom and I watched hundreds of ANCIENT MURRELETs
in small groups flying south into the Sound from our perch at Point
Wilson in Fort Worden State Park. Earlier, we found a couple hundred
BLACK TURNSTONEs and SURFBIRDs roosting at high tide in the marina (Port
of Port Townsend), but did not find any Rock Sandpipers.

A couple BLACK OYSTERCATCHERS were visible from Port Townsend's eastern
end. We also saw one swallow. Marrowstone Island had a couple GREATER
YELLOWLEGS, but not much more of note.

25 January, 2015,

Alan Grenon
Seattle