[Tweeters] Banded Accipiter

garetpeter at comcast.net garetpeter at comcast.net
Mon Jan 26 12:33:20 PST 2015

This morning (1-25-2015) about10:30, I saw a banded Sharp-shinned/Cooper's Hawk in tree along the east shore of Green Lake.  Location was approximately at 67th St. if extended to lake shore.
Gray or cream colored tag on right leg, might have been polka dot; blue tag on left leg with number 6Y.  I can send photos which show the bird and the bands if anyone would like.
I couldn't see the right leg band or number in the field without binoculars.  Bands show up more clearly in photo.
Garet Munger
Green Lake neighborhood