[Tweeters] Eagles and heron colonies

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 09:49:13 PST 2015

I have not seen successful nesting at the Edmonds marsh heron rookery for the past 4-5 years due to the activities of the resident Pt.Edwards bald eagle pair.   There are still  herons at the marsh and nearby marina, so I assume they are finding somewhere to nest.
I am sure the heron-eagle, predator-prey relationship has been going on long before this area was settled, but urban development has resulted in the loss of habitat suitable for new rookeries.

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA