[Tweeters] Washington CSWA and other vagrant warbler photos

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 07:34:41 PST 2015

Hello Tweets,

I have long been fascinated by bird vagrancy in Eastern Washington. It's exciting to read of an Eastern warbler discovered in a grove of trees in the middle of the plains, like at the Gingko Petrified Forest near Vantage or Bassett Park in Washtucna.

I was wondering if anyone had photos of the following species in WA:

Chestnut-sided Warbler - I am especially interested in the photo supposedly taken on June 6th, 2007 of two males together in Ritzville by "B. Lyle".

Magnolia Warbler - I have seen photos of birds at Gingko Petrified Forest and at Harrington Cemetery, but not from Washtucna or other places.

Black-throated Blue Warbler - I have seen photos of the one on Mercer Island in the winter of 1994-1995, and of a female in Yakima in October 2005, but no others.

Blackpoll Warbler - I have only found one video of one in Ephrata, and no photos.

Black-and-white Warblers - one of my favorites. The more, the merrier!

Canada Warbler - I can't find any photos of the 1st state record at McNary NWR in September 2010!

Finally, the Bay-breasted Warbler - I have only seen one photo of the male near Olympia in June 2006.

Thank you for sharing and good birding,

Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA

Josh.n.glant at gmail.com