[Tweeters] hermit thrush and pine siskins

Jennifer DeSelle jendeselle at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 14:49:29 PST 2015

While walking around Capitol Lake this morning I spotted and was able to observe a Hermit Thrush foraging in the grass near the lake-- the first I have seen in W. WA in ages.  (When I lived in CA they were a common winter bird.)
Also, after 2 months of occupation (and high birdseed bills) it appears my pine siskin "superflock" has begun to disperse.  Now I'm seeing occasional pairs visit the feeder.  I wonder if they're gearing up for nesting?
Jen (in NE Olympia)