[Tweeters] Jerdon's Babbler

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 20:00:04 PST 2015

Interesting!

Although I find it strange that it's all over the news now, considering
that this all happened at the end of last May. Did it take that long to
process the report and write up a formal scientific essay before being able
to publicize the discovery?

Also, I think that the species as a whole has been considered extant, it's
just the nominate Myanmar subspecies that has been considered extinct.
There are eBird reports from India as recent as 2010. Sort of like the
unfortunate Dusky Seaside Sparrow! I think that calling it an extinct
"species" makes the headline more compelling.

Anyways, thanks for sharing!

Good birding, Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA

Josh.n.glant at gmail.com