[Tweeters] Snowy Owl on CBS Moment of Nature / Caryn/Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Sun Mar 8 08:49:11 PDT 2015

Morning Tweeters -

Just saw a great albeit brief (it is "Moment" of Nature) Snowy Owl segment - in lots of snow, no less! This was in NY.
Took me back to seeing my first Snowy Owl in the flurry of the irruption in WA. Went to Ocean Shores and got there rather late in the day. We started hoofing it down the beach toward Damon Point. We spotted one but it was getting too dark for a good photo. We watched as long as we could and saw a second and then a third that flew right past us and landed on a log ahead of us - we were there at their dinnertime.

Then recall when they were in Ballard, hanging out on the rooftops of some lucky homeowners. Now that was some easy birding!!

Glad to be having the weather we're having. But look forward to having another Snowy Year. If you're from Boston, forgive me.

You can Google the Moment of Nature to enjoy a memory too - it actually is usually longer than the edited segment they show on CBS Sunday Morning.

Breakfast...

Caryn / Wedgwood