[Tweeters] Eurasian Wigeon -North America breeding?

Jack Stephens jstephens62 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 9 20:33:14 PDT 2015

I have become used to Eurasian Wigeons becoming more common over the
years. This weekend however, I saw something that was new, at least for
me. In a flock of American Wigeon, between the West 90 and Samish
Island, was an American Wigeon flock with at least 16 Eurasian Wigeons
mixed in. With this high number, it raises the questions as to whether
all of these birds are from Asia, or if they are now starting to breed
in North America. Does anyone know of new information about this?

Jack Stephens
Edmonds, WA
jstephens62 at comcast.net