[Tweeters] Re: Fill Update

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 17:27:31 PDT 2015

Hello Tweeters,

I have heard the number "42 in 2014" referenced a few times. Make that 44! I forgot to report 2 Least Sandpipers that I saw on the SW fringe of Main Pond on Sunday, April 27, 2014. I regret not doing so, seeing as it would have gone toward a significant grand total. I hope it's not too late to put that in! Those two birds were lifers for me. I was amazed at how tiny they were! Such incredible birds, migrating so far even when they're so small!

Also reported that day by a birder I encountered were "a few" Western Sandpipers "with black legs" that I missed, though I did see a flock of what were probably about 4 unidentified peeps fly from the Main Pond out to Lake Washington.

I also have photos of the Least Sandpipers, which I may be able to dig up!

I really, really am hopeful that positive change could occur. I am forwarding the petition to all my friends!

For the shorebirds! For Montlake Fill.

A Fill supporter, Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA