[Tweeters] turtles (off subject)

Marc Hoffman tweeters at dartfrogmedia.com
Wed Mar 11 10:16:29 PDT 2015

I have seen Soft-shelled Turtles from 4" to 18"
across in the north end of Union Bay. This
invasive species (sometimes raised as a food
source for humans) is reputed to be a successful
competitor to existing species, so I assume it is
breeding there. I've seen them in Juanita Bay Park as well.

Western Painted Turtles are so ubiquitous that I
must believe they, too, are breeding.

At Juanita Bay Park, I have seen and photographed
Red-eared Sliders laying their eggs in holes they
dug on the slope west of the restrooms.