[Tweeters] Varied Thrush loss / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Fri Mar 13 09:26:01 PDT 2015

Sad morning -

Just heard one of the loudest window strikes ever and sadly looking out found it was a male Varied Thrush. I do have several items in the window but would love to
hear any favorite ways to prevent window strikes.

My Sibley guide will always be a sad reminder since a male V. Thrush is on the cover.

I will be giving him a proper burial. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer this am.

On a happier note, I do think there are at least two Anna's nests in two of our trees - haven't identified location. But the fluff has been flying.

Also, finally watched the Birders Guide to Everything. A very sweet movie. Filmed in NY - even mentioned Somers, right next to Mahopac, where I am from!

Caryn / Wedgwood