[Tweeters] Texas birding Feb 19-28

Scott scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 13 20:55:04 PDT 2015

Tweeters:

For anyone out there interested in the hot birding down in Texas recently, I've posted photos from a trip the last 9 days of February: https://www.flickr.com/people/14115261@N05/ I found 207 species during the period, which included business as well as birding. A number of the shots are grainy, but I did find the STRIPED SPARROW outside Austin. It has been a sensation, though questions about origins have been raised. The gull action in the Houston area was amazing, and I've posted photos of a bird that seems to be a 1st-winter YELLOW-LEGGED GULL, at least until such time as someone with expertise on that taxon tells me otherwise. Scott AtkinsonLake Stevensmail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com