[Tweeters] seabirds down?

Hal Michael ucd880 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 16 18:26:26 PDT 2015

My observations are mostly with local landbirds. I have had nestboxes for 20 years and have been monitoring them the whole time. Number of boxes used and success of nests is declining at least the last couple of years. Further, I have been banding local passerines. While in 2012 and 2013 I had around 200 in 2014 I had to scratch to break 100 and 2015 is starting slower.

I know that over the 25 years we have been here that there have been changes in habitat that affect species compositions but something has happened in recent years that is definitely different that previous.

Hal Michael
Olympia WA
360-459-4005 (H)
360-791-7702 (C)