[Tweeters] Possible Ross' Goose at Theler Wetland

Paul Hicks phicks at accessgrace.org
Sat Mar 21 19:51:02 PDT 2015

Tweets, Saturday Gary Wiles, Chazz Hesselein and I observed a white goose at Theler Wetland Reserve near Belfair, Mason County, around 11:15, that looked suspiciously like a ROSS' GOOSE. As it circled the area twice we could see the short stubby bill. On its final pass it continued toward the saltwater and Belfair State Park. Attempts to relocate it from the Park and from across the canal were not successful. Off E Mason-Benson Rd near Benson Lake and the powerlines we found a pair of WESTERN BLUEBIRD in a clearcut below the cell tower. We checked for MOUNTAIN QUAIL in several locations but found none. Good birding!
-- Paul Hicks / Tenino / phicks AT accessgrace . org / soon: paulhicks7373 AT gmail