[Tweeters] Possible Ross' Goose at Theler Wetland

mary hrudkaj mch1096 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 22 06:40:13 PDT 2015

Late yesterday afternoon my two cats were sitting on the back of the sofa intently looking down to the area right next to the house. After a couple minutes my curiosity finally matched those of the cats and I got up to see what they were looking at. Right below the window was a male mountain quail sitting quietly. I sat back down and watched the cats as they watched the quail. Another 15 minutes went by and the cats were still intently looking down. I again got up and found the quail quietly roosting in the same place. About 5 minutes later I had to go next door to check on their cat. I knew I would flush the quail as the front door is only about 15 feet from where the quail was. When the door opened the one quail came out and flew a short distance to the north hedgerow. Out from under the arbor vitae shrub next to where the first quail had been a second, female, shot out and walked swiftly to the hedgerow.

Sometimes we don't have to go far to find amazing birds. Now if the quail would become more regular in their visits.......

Mary Hrudkaj/Belfair