[Tweeters] Clark County Birding

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Sat Mar 28 12:24:08 PDT 2015

Yesterday, March 27th, Les Carlson, George Mayfield and I spent twelve hours birding in Clark County and came up with 86 species for our efforts. We had a selection of wintering birds and recently arrived migrants with the most unusual bird being a WHITE-THROATED SPARROW. We spent most of our time at the Ridgefield NWR River S Unit and Vancouver Lake with quick visits to the Marine Park, the Columbia Springs Environmental Learning Center and Steigerwald Lake. Had we spent time in some conifer woods we may have been able to add a few more birds to the day's list. Newly arrived migrants seen included CINNAMON TEAL, OSPREY, YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER (Audubon's in breeding plumage) and some very pale cold gray-colored SAVANNAH SPARROWS. Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA