[Tweeters] Anna's Hummingbirds have fledged!

Nathaniel Peters ncpeters at uw.edu
Sun Mar 29 13:57:33 PDT 2015

Hey Tweets,

I returned from O'ahu on Friday to find that the two Anna's Hummingbirds in
the nest by my apartment had already fledged (I believe). When I left for
O'ahu a week ago Saturday, the nestlings were almost too big for the nest
and were looking around very actively. I had hoped they might still be
around when I got back, but the nest is now empty and there is no evidence
to suggest that they met an untimely end. The nest is still in quite good
shape, so I am hoping the female reuses the nest or builds another close
by. If I'm lucky, I may get to observe the process again!

Nathaniel Peters
Ballard, WA