[Tweeters] Edmonds marina white-crowned sparrows 3-28-15

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 30 08:02:03 PDT 2015

I didn't think to report the two white-crowned sparrows I saw Saturday  at the Marina until someone noted that they had seen their first one of the year in Olympia.
Scroll down page 20 of this link for photos:http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/showthread.php?11497-Wildlife-of-Edmonds-WA-2015/page20

Thanks to those who responded to my question about the ID of the mystery sandpiper at the marsh. All votes were for a western.   Apparently the length of the bill can vary among individual members of the species.   I have to re-learn sandpipers each season.

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA