[Tweeters] turkey vultures

Dianna Moore dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Mon Mar 30 21:09:06 PDT 2015

Hey Tweets...in one of those strange coincidences, I attended a birthday
party Sunday, the 29th, at the vacation home now occupying one of the
former nature viewing lots overlooking Bill's Spit in Ocean Shores. I used
to visit those lots back in the "old days", 13-17 years ago. The view is
still the best on the bay side...all windows of course.

>From the bench facing the windows I was able to see an immature bald eagle

out on the mudflats, crows, a bunch of gulls too far out to I.D. (didn't
have my bins), Canada geese, then an adult eagle flew in and joined the
youngster on the mud.

About 20 minutes later I again checked and found three turkey vultures had
joined the party, soaring over the grassy area onshore. I miss having that
access.

Also, about 2pm today I found a TV soaring over the end of Damon Rd E where
it overlooks North Bay...visible as I left Ocean Shores for Copalis Beach,
and about 20 minutes later I spotted yet another vulture over Hwy 109 at
the Copalis River Bridge in Copalis Beach.

Dianna Moore
Ocean Shores