[Tweeters] Swainson's Hawk, Rusty Blackbird

Kevin Lucas kevinslucas at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 00:21:10 PDT 2015

Saturday in the Ahtanum a Swainson's Hawk flew overhead. Looking at eBird range map I see none yet reported north of California this year, so realize it's a bit off the charts, but less than a week earlier than a Yakima County eBird report from 1983.
Also last week I saw a Rusty Blackbird at the Granger pond. That's on the north side of the Yakima Valley Highway, roughly 1.9 miles east of Interstate 82 exit #58. Thanks to the experts who helped me with the identification. I apologize for my delayed post.
I'd appreciate it if someone would forward this to BirdYak on my behalf.

Good Birding,
Kevin Lucas
Selah, WA