[Tweeters] Re: Tweeters vs. Comcast

Devorah the Ornithologist birdologist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 02:02:15 PDT 2015

gmail is free and can be used to run email lists. (yes, i know that google
spies on its users, but unfortunately, almost every modern email provider
does spy -- not much we can do about that anymore.)

another idea is to adopt an online bulletin board format. here is a free
online bulletin board software provider that i've used several times in the
past:

https://www.phpbb.com/

individual accounts are password protected, the software is under the GNU
general public license and thus can be formatted to meet our specific
needs, there is staff and long-time members/users available who can help
get the BB up and running and, although it doesn't send daily digests, it
can be set up to send notifications to individual participants' inboxes
when new comments are posted to specific threads on the site.

just an idea.

--
GrrlScientist
Devorah Bennu, PhD
birdologist at gmail.com
http://twitter.com/GrrlScientist
http://www.theguardian.com/science/grrlscientist
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/grrlscientist>
http://birdnote.org/contributor/grrlscientist
http://www.scilogs.com/maniraptora/
*sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt. *[Virgil, Aeneid]