[Tweeters] Brown Creeper migration

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Fri Oct 2 11:49:35 PDT 2015

I just had the pleasure of watching a Brown Creeper foraging in a couple of trees in the yard, a rare sighting here. We moved here in 1991 and didn’t see one in the yard until 2006. They don’t breed or winter in this neighborhood as far as I know, so I take my smattering of records as migration dates:

One of them must have been moving through the yard in winter, as 3 December seems a bit late for fall migration. I should add that this is a bird that is easy to miss, so there have certainly been more, perhaps many more, in the yard over the years.

Also had a Hutton’s Vireo, Golden-crowned Kinglet and Townsend’s Warbler in the yard today, presumably all birds on the move.

Dennis Paulson
1724 NE 98 St.
Seattle, WA 98115