[Tweeters] Red-Breasted Sapsucker in Seattle last week

Francis Wood fbwood at u.washington.edu
Sun Oct 4 21:23:43 PDT 2015

Hello Tweeters,
Last week on Monday, September 28 a glorious Red- Breasted Sapsucker explored the trunk of a medium cypress about 5 yards from the dining room table where Bunny and I sat! I also heard from a neighbor within three or four blocks that she had had one view of a Sapsucker in her yard last week. We live in the Madrona neighborhood at 412 36th Avenue. We have feeders near the cypress but we did not see the Sapsucker on any of the feeders. I haven't seen any other references to this species on recent Tweeters messages. I wonder how common they are at this time of year.
Very best to all,
Fran and Bunny Wood