[Tweeters] Ilwaco Godwits

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 5 12:46:46 PDT 2015

As of 12.30 p.m.  the Bar Tailed Godwit is present on the mudflats south and just west of the boat basin in Ilwaco. Thank you to local birder Doug Swanson who was leaving just as I pulled in.  He helped me get on the distinctly paler bird with obvious eye stripe mixed in with the actively feeding Marbled Godwit flock.  He said if I had been an hour earlier it would have been very close.  I had to walk up onto the bluff with short trees/bushes to get a good view.  In those trees I found a Palm Warbler.

Doug said he had not seen the Hudsonian today.  Neither did I.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android