[Tweeters] Fish and Wild meeting and $

Hal Michael ucd880 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 5 13:15:57 PDT 2015

DJ is Dingall/Johnson and came in around 1950 as a tax on fishing equipment to support "Sport Fish Restoration".
I don't know what the actual splits are but I believe that both Funds are a 1 to 3 match. That is, 1 state dollar gets 3 Federal dollars. I think that distribution among the states is based on actual license sales. So, back when WDF and WDG were separate agencies and Fisheries licenses were free that they received no DJ funds so the whole of food fish operations came from General Fund or specific mitigation.

Hal Michael
Science Outreach Director, Sustainable Fisheries Foundation
Olympia WA
369-459-4005
360-791-7702 (C)
ucd880 at comcast.net