[Tweeters] Neah Bay - American Tree Sparrow

Ryan Merrill rjm284 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 21:45:13 PDT 2015

Today in Neah Bay there was an American Tree Sparrow with a flock of
Golden-crowned Sparrows around the trees across from the Mini Mart. I only
know of a couple other records from the outer coast.

There was also a Clay-colored Sparrow next to the transfer station along
the paved road, and a Swamp Sparrow in the adjacent marsh.

A Blue-winged Teal was in the swamp at the edge of town.

Herring Gull numbers are up, with nearly a hundred on Hobuck Beach in the
afternoon, along with a few Thayer's Gulls.

Roving flocks of Chestnut-backed Chickadees were around in even larger
numbers than my last visit. It's sure weird seeing numbers of them flying
high over town.

Good birding,
Ryan Merrill
Seattle